I can’t believe it’s already the end of the year but I’m all about this Christmas cheer.
According to Goodreads, I’ve read 96 books so far this year. (Still on track to reach 100 by end of the year.) Here’s a list of my top ten for the year of our Lord 2017 (in no particular order).
- A Court of Wings and Ruin By SJM – Such a fitting end to my favorite series.
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller – The Pirate story that I didn’t know I needed in my life.
- The Fallen World Trilogy by Laura Thalassa — This was the first time I’d read this author and now she’s on my auto-buy list.
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet — My new favorite Fantasy Romance series. It’s up there with Kim Harrison, Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs.
- The Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews — She writes the most amazing sexual chemistry. Read it!
- Roar by Cora Carmack — This story made my tornado-chaser-loving heart go pitter patter.
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff — Bloody brilliant, gentlefriends!
- Tied by Carian Cole — She knows how to rip out my heart, stomp on it, dust it off and hand it back while I nod in gratitude.
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson — Best fae story I’ve read all year!
- Tower of Dawn by SJM — That twist, you guys! I can’t believe what this means for the last book!
And now some honorable mentions…
The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins – So. Freaking. Good!
Sanguine Moon by Jennifer Foxcroft – This story has a piece of my heart. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Devils Within by S.H. Henson – In these dark times, this story is more relevant than ever.
The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer – Judge me if you want, but Stephanie Meyer can write, y’all.
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi — I’m late to the party on this one but it deserves all the hype.
When It’s Real by Erin Watt – Simply a pleasure to read!
Can you tell that I had some trouble narrowing it down? What do you think? Read any of these? Share in the comments!