…Where have I been?
I feel as if I’m emerging from a dark hole in the ground, squinting into the harsh sunlight. I’ve been MIA on the blog for a while. Where have I been? Lots of places.
The most notable? NaNoWriMo. That’s right. I participated in National Novel Writing Month for the second time and guess what? I WON!!!! I wrote 50k in 30 days and I’d still be staring, mouth agape, at my word count if I didn’t need food and sleep so much.
I can’t believe I did it. This is the first time I’ve finished a novel. I’ve started a lot of them but never finished. My next goal is to revise the crap out of it and then maybe let people read it. It’s a paranormal story with lots of romance and violence. My two favorite things.
Where else have I been?
I’m graduating with my Master’s in English this month. Like, I’m a master at something now. (I know, I can’t believe it either!) It took me years of working full time and going to school part-time but I finally did it — on top of NaNoWriMo! I’ve been writing final papers and it’s been a heck of a lot of writing. This is a huge accomplishment for me.
So you see, I didn’t have much time for blogging or reading (sadly), but now…NOW I will have nothing but time SWEET time!
To celebrate my new found, hard-earned time, I want to share the next five books queued on my to-be-read list:
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward: Oh, how this book has whispered sweet nothings from my bookshelf. I need a Ward fix, STAT.
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas: Not going to lie, I’m not ready for this one because I’m still neck-deep in a book hangover from A Court of Thorns and Roses. I’m sure once I start reading it’ll be like visiting an old friend.
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski: I’m afraid to start this book because the first book gave me a huge book hangover that I’m not over yet. However, I would still very much like to read it.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: That’s right, the whole series. I’ve had it on my shelf for awhile. Everyone is talking about it and I’m the idiot who’s left out of the conversation. Plus, I got Lunar Chronicle tattoos from my Uppercase box and I want to know what they mean and wear them proudly.
5. Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward: The first book in Ward’s new Black Dagger Legacy series is a must-read for me. I’m excited to see what she’ll do with new characters while letting us catch a glimpse of characters we know and love. What can I say? I really DO need a Ward fix!